Thursday, May 30, 2013

Introduction

For my independent novel I chose to read The Glass Castle by Jeannette walls. This blog will feature an analytical essay, mis-en-scene analysis, a found poem, and a variety of pieces in other genres. My first piece is an obituary for the ever important father figure, Rex Walls. Although Rex caused a lot of chaos, he is certainly worth an obituary.  For a visual piece with words, I made a greeting card from New York. New York is definitely an important location in this book, and the greeting card hopefully reflects that which it represents. For a visual display, I made a map. A map is definitely an appropriate way to represent the journey of the Walls family throughout America. For an informational piece I chose to utilize a timeline, since that ties in with the map to show the Walls' journey. Lastly, I wrote another found poem for my creative piece. Mostly because I found set of lines that I really liked to use, and I think a found poem would be a good way to utilize them. Enjoy the rest of the project!

No comments:

Post a Comment